Became a College Institution of Mechanical Engineering with an international reputation, which is very instrumental as a reference institution of Mechanical Engineering courses in Indonesia.
Organize College Engineering Mechanical Engineering programs to produce graduates who are able to compete in the global market, conduct research and publish research results of qualified field of Mechanical Engineering in national, regional and international forums, and apply research results to help solve industry and community problems.
Goals and Purposes:
- Make education and teaching system at Mechanical Engineering Department FTI – ITS to be equivalent to international standard.
- Provide graduates with knowledge, skills and practical skills to compete in the global market, and have good moral and ethics.
- Having quality research results to be published and patented nationally, regionally and internationally and applied in real terms to help industrial and community issues.
“Producing high quality graduates who have the ability to act as industry development agents with optimization and improvement of education and management systems”.
How to Get The Missions?
Department of Mechanical Engineering ITS is determined to strengthen its human resources. Human resources provide institutional intelligence and determine the reputation and life force of the institution. Team involvement and teamwork are important human factor factors for the department. The Mechanical Engineering Department of ITS is committed to producing high quality graduates through intensive laboratory activities and from industry experience.
Department of Mechanical Engineering ITS is determined to continuously improve undergraduate degree program, through:
- Ongoing communication with other schools, research centers and industry.
- Cooperate interactively with practitioners in the field and connect with professional associations.
- Optimizing the use of resources in the Department such as academic staff, administrative staff, facilities, funds, and incoming students.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department of ITS is committed to advancing its research center to ensure, promote, and provide opportunities for industry and other institutions to form links and bind themselves in the relation of scientific and business activities.
- The Mechanical Engineering Department of ITS is committed to implementing quality programs and achieving progress in the fields of science, culture and social welfare.
- Mastering the basic science of scientific principles.
- Understand the engineering methods and its competitions in the application, concerning:
- Knowledge of interaction factors in processes and systems
- Ability to apply basic principles to new situations.
- Expertise in making forecasts and in choosing the approaches method to problems.
- Ability to make an intuitive engineering assessment.
- Have the ability to think long and authenticity in planning an equipment for a predetermined goal.
- Understanding of the element of cost and the ability to deal with it is as competent as the technological factors.
- Able to choose important decisions on engineering issues and present clearly and precisely.
- Interested continuously in the further development of the profession.
- Able to cope with rapid technological change, as he has to learn facts even principle more quickly and effectively.
- Identification to the changing needs of the people in our country.
- Understanding that engineering education is a lifelong discipline.
- Quality of entrepreneurship.