DOCTOR PROGRAM MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FTI – ITS
Over the past 53 years, the Department of Mechanical Engineering FTI – ITS consisting of fields of study: energy conversion, design, manufacturing and metallurgy engineering, has grown and developed through several stages of development. Objective conditions related to relevance aspects, academic atmosphere, internal management, sustainability, efficiency and leadership indicate that this Study Program is indeed worthy of Accreditation A (S1 and S2 Program) which has been given by National Accreditation Board (BAN). The academic atmosphere and self-confidence created after reliably managing the World Bank Project for the Development of the Study Program (QUE Project) has motivated this Study Program to continue to grow sustainably. In the early academic year 2007/2008, ITS Department of Mechanical Engineering was re-trusted to manage the Development Program with World Bank funding through I-MHERE laid off until 2011. With strong resource capability, adequate laboratory facilities, and other supporting facilities, Major Mechanical Engineering participate in the progress of science and technology, namely by implementing the Graduate Program, namely the Master program and Doctorate Mechanical Engineering.
As a center of education, research, development, and information science and technology engineering field of quality and international achievement to produce human resources professional, moral, and environmentally sound.
- Organize further education with effective teaching-learning process, in an academic environment conducive to produce graduates who are professional, competent, ethical and environmentally friendly.
- Conducting research activities to explore, develop and produce innovations in the field of mechanical engineering and disseminate pencapainnya.
- Provide positive contribution to individual development, national development and the progress of human civilization (humanity).
- Growing capacity as a science and technology information center in mechanical engineering.
- To implement effective, efficient, and accountable higher education management.
Produce a doctorate in mechanical engineering with a strong foundation of science and technology, with sharp and quality analytical skills as mentioned in the mission.
Produce quality scientific products and reputable international.
Creating educational institutions and research that serves as a center for development and referral of science and technology in mechanical engineering.
Is an institution that provides reliable, independent and professional researchers.
The implementation of the process of engineering engineering education with an international standard.
The growth of JTM capacity as a significant producer of thought and research.
The Doctoral Program of Mechanical Engineering Department of FTI-ITS is the highest level of academic education at the graduate program of Mechanical Engineering Department of FTI-ITS, with academic degree “Doctor” or abbreviated as “Dr.”.
This Doctoral Program is a structured program consisting of basic capability education, special competence and research education. The program is designed to produce quality, original scientific publications, through research that make a significant contribution to engineering problems.
The Doctoral Program of Mechanical Engineering Department of FTI-ITS is intended to produce graduates of the following qualities:
- Ethical, integrity, environmentally sound
- Be open and responsive to the development of science and technology and community dynamics
- Ability to manage and conduct research
- Broad insight in the field of mechanical engineering
- Highly motivated to develop themselves in the field of mechanical engineering
- Able to work as a developer of science and technology or academic staff of mechanical engineering.
In accordance with the Academic Regulations of ITS in 2009, the Doctoral Program of Mechanical Engineering Department shall complete the burden of study other than dissertation within the period of time, as follows:
- 4 (four) semesters for those coming from a master’s degree program
- 6 (six) semesters for those who come from a non-master’s degree program or from a bachelor’s degree program.
Doctoral Program Department of Mechanical Engineering offered is a field of expertise that includes:
- Energy Conversion Engineering
- Engineering Design and Manufacturing
The field of Energy Conversion Engineering expertise has 3 (three) Research Areas (Research), namely Combustion Engineering, Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer and Applied Thermodynamics. The field of engineering expertise Design and manufacturing, is divided into 2 research areas, namely Engineering Design and Manufacturing.
- Has successfully completed the entire study load in the Doctoral program including the Dissertation and has submitted an approved Dissertation.
- Have IP> 3.00 with test scores of each minimum subject B.
- Have minimum scientific publication 1 (one) title in international journal or 2 (two) titles in accredited national journal.
- Pass TOEFL / TEFL-ITS with minimum value 500.
- Educational system, research-based with structured learning.
- Teaching Methods, namely: lecture methods, class discussions, scientific publications.
- Study Load, Doctoral education at least 40 credits.
- Study duration, minimum 6 semesters (3 years) and maximum 10 semesters (5 years).
- Teachers and Examiners, at least a Head Lecturer.
- Supervising Commission, at least two members.
- Evaluation of Success, GPA ≤ 3.25 then can not continue Doctoral Program.
- Proposed Research Plan.
- Doctoral Thesis (Dissertation), has a weight of 28 credits.
- Internal Evaluation
Application to be a Doctoral Program Participant must be submitted in writing by candidate or candidate institution to the Director of Postgraduate Program of ITS, with address: Postgraduate Program ITS, ITS Campus, Sukolilo, Surabaya 60111, Tromol Pos 900 / SBY, 60008
A written application is accompanied by:
- Copy of diploma with attached list of grades (academic transcript) during the S-2 program.
- Letters of recommendation from a former supervisor.
- Things to be studied.
- Curriculum vitae.
- License of the institution where applicants work (for individuals).
- Certificate of funding source of study.
- Medical certificate.
- Proof of payment of registration fee / selection in accordance with applicable provisions.
Selection of Applicants
Admission Selection Doctoral Program conducted by the Admissions Committee consisting of the responsible program as chairman and some members who come from the manager and instructor study program.
The basic considerations of acceptance include academic achievement, research experience, relevance of previous courses and the willingness of prospective students. Selection results are reported in writing by the Chair of the Admissions Committee to the Director of the Graduate Program. The contents of the report include:
- Names received and organized by priority.
- Rejected names with reasons.
Acceptance and rejection are notified to prospective participants of Doctoral Program education in writing by the Director of Graduate Program through Rector Letter of ITS.
Selection in acceptance of participants of Doctoral Program of Mechanical Engineering ITS conducted based on:
- Academic achievement during undergraduate program (S1) and master degree engineering (S2).
- Pass the selection test, which consists of written test and interview.
- Places available.
Writing exams include:
- TOEFL / TEFL ITS
- MATERIALS OF EXPERTISE
In addition to the above test materials, the doctoral program participants must arrange the research design and present it at the time of admission.
- Lecture Exam
- Qualification Exam
- Final exam
In the Postgraduate Program of ITS there are three levels of predicate for the graduation of Doctoral Program, namely:
- Satisfactory, awarded to educational participants with a GPA of 3.25 to 3.49.
- Very Satisfactory, awarded to educational participants with a GPA of 3.50 to 3.74.
- Cumlaude, awarded to educational participants with a GPA of 3.75 to 4.00.
The teaching staffs assigned as mentors, teachers, assistants to the ITS Doctoral Program of Doctorate Program are 26 staffs with doctorate, 11 are professors.
Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering Doctor Program:
FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Administration Room and Administration Room
- Lecture Room and Laboratory
- Student Room (student office)
- Supporting facilities :
- English Language Laboratory – ITS
- Computer Laboratory ITS and Mechanical Engineering – ITS
- ITS Library
- Course Aids at Mechanical Engineering Department – ITS
- ITS Scientific Journal
- Information Technology